United Way of the
Greater Fort Hood Area
Central Texas Support Services
CENTRAL TEXAS SUPPORT SERVICES
606 S. Gray Street, Suite 606 Killeen, Texas 76542
Central Texas Support Services (CTSS) has various ways to assist you if you are HIV positive. Your point of confidential contact with CTSS is through your assigned Case Manager. You can reach your Case Manager by calling: (254) 778-2495.
In most cases, your medical services will be provided by Scott & White Hospital.
A helpful contact point at Scott & White is the HIV Social Worker in the Social Services Department. The Scott & White Social Work Department number is:
Ways that the CTSS Case Manager can help includes:
• Talking with you about your overall needs and condition
• Helping make a plan for your future that addresses your needs
• Assisting with service and financial application processes
• Facilitating health care delivery by assisting with appointment scheduling and transportation
Housing assistance: Persons eligible for participation in the HOPWA program are CTSS clients who:
▪ Desire to live within the local service area. The local service area currently includes seven counties in Central Texas; i.e., Bell, Coryell, Hamilton, Lampasas, Milam, Mills and San Saba.
▪ Currently need assistance (rent, utilities, mortgage payments, etc.) for temporary and/or transitional housing to prevent homelessness and support independent living,
▪ Have Income that falls at or below the low-income guidelines as specified by the most recent Income Limits for Low-Income and Very Low-Income Families.
• Purchasing needed services like dental care not paid by other sources
• Obtaining needed HIV-related medication prescriptions when there is no other payer
• Linking with other community organizations and facilities to meet your nutritional and other daily living needs
Advocating for your rights you will find that CTSS staff believes in:
SELF-DETERMINATION – No one will ever try to make decisions for you or try to run your life.
BEING NON-JUDGEMENTAL – You will not be preached to or judged by anyone.
CONFIDENTIALITY – Services are provided in ways that safeguard your privacy. Services are available to all persons who qualify for assistance, regardless of their ethnicity, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, familial status, or handicap. Central Texas Support Services is a program administered by the United Way of the Greater Fort Hood Area (UWGFHA).
606 S. Gray St., Suite 606
Killeen, Texas 76542
Monday - Friday 9 - 4:30
Saturday - Call
Sunday - Call
© 2021 United Way of the Greater Fort Hood Area