Every individual has
a role to play. Every
individual makes a
Greater Fort Hood Area
"Increasing the organized capacity of the community to address
the health and human service needs in the Fort Hood Area."
The goal of the United Way of the Greater Fort Hood Area is to provide the resources
required by agencies to provide required services to the community.
Agencies that are focused on health and human services and meet the criteria
delineated below are eligible for membership in the United Way of the Greater Fort
1. Possess a 501(c) (3) status from the Secretary of State.
2. Possess IRS tax exemption certification.
3. Established non-compensated local board of directors that conduct
4. Possess by-laws and record of minutes for one year.
5. Undergoes annual local financial audit or review as appropriate.
6. Provide a service that meets local needs.
7. In operation for at least one year.
8. Have a policy and practice of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age or disabilities.